- Create innovative new musicals, using modern pop music
- Build regional audiences for new writing by telling relevant, accessible stories
- Provide opportunities to early-career actors and creatives in the North
Our main artistic interests are:
- Science, technology, and imagining positive visions of the future
- Pop culture and honest portrayals of millennial life
- Giving pop and electronic styles of music a dramatic twist
2017: We debuted at The Arcola with our cultural mashup The Marriage of Kim K, which was received many four and five star reviews (see here), was nominated for a Manchester Theatre Award, and received attention on Sky News, The Hollywood Reporter, The Guardian, and more.
2018: Our second musical, the electronic LGBTQ rom-com GUY, premiered at Hope Mill Theatre and The Bunker; won awards for Best Show and Best New Writing; and transferred to The King’s Head Theatre as part of their Queer Season. (Reviews here).
2019: The Marriage of Kim K was redeveloped into a full-length version and premiered in ACE-funded production at The Lowry.
2020: GUY went on a 17-venue ACE-funded UK tour, at venues such as Birmingham Old Rep, Keswick’s Theatre by the Lake and the New Wimbledon Theatre.